Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Music

music by Lili Bellule
music, a photo by Lili Bellule on Flickr.

Do you ever hear an old song on the radio that seems vaguely familiar and you can't figure out why? You hum along through the verses, then as the chorus comes up, it hits you.
"This is that one song from when I was a little kid! Geeze I haven't heard this in forever!"
The memories come flooding back. Musical nostalgia hits you hard.
I was only 4 when 'All the small things' by blink-182 came out and to this day I can still remember every word.
What was your childhood soundtrack?

13 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. . . Mine would be "All-Star" by Smashmouth. . Im deff gonna follw tis blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nostalgia :|

    It's Porcelain by RHCP for me.

    Followed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Basically all of the Beatles here. Following.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh the song that sticks out in my head the most is Informer by Ice :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nostalgic songs always hit me with goosebumps too, gotta love em.

    Followed.

    Take a look at my blog if you get the chance:
    http://serenityindex.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I put a nostalgic song from long long ago in my blog recently "Sendou Kouta".

    It's very nice to remember old songs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice song, mine was 'Don't Stop Me Now' by Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey now, you're an all star... I remember sitting down with a pencil and writing down the lyrics as it played to figure them all out. I would pause it and play it, rewind, play, pause. it was great.

    then my brother showed me the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha yeah i remember songs like this

    always a fun feeling

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I had to choose one... The original Pokemon theme song!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember like 10-12 years ago blink 182 used to be one of my favorite bands ever.
    I imaged being in their crew playing guitar. :)
    Id say that my childhood band is Nirvana!

    ReplyDelete